Price: Content writers get paid to write/ prices vary for content buyers to purchase content
Owners: Royal Media, LLC
Overall Rank: 7.9 out of 10
ContentGather – Where Content Matters
ContentGather is a congregating site for content writers and also content buyers, where ContentGather is essentially the middleman, providing the platform for the exchanges of services. They also have a active user-base to create content and then sell that content to content buyers (website owners, bloggers). So, ContentGather pays money to writers that write content, then ContentGather finds content buyers in which to sell this content to. ContentGather takes a cut from this transaction.
What kind of content do the content writers write for? Just about anything, blog posts, press releases, articles, review of products, etc. ContentGather also has on hand, general content that can be sold to anyone within their current inventory. They are focusing mostly on this aspect (pre-produced content) in their beginning stage of deployment of their site. After they have built a solid foundation, they have a strong desire to expand into a larger and more varied marketplace.
Their currently emphasizing, but not releasing yet, until they have a large enough base of writers, for content buyers to post custom writing jobs in which content writers will specifically write for. This custom writing allows for higher pay for content writers, thereby making available more money to be earned. So essentially, they have pre-produced articles, then they will eventually also have custom articles, which is more catered to content buyers needs.
ContentGather is holding cards up their sleeves. As throughout their site they tease us with once their base is built up with content writers and the unveiling of the custom jobs, they have greater plans and more unique offerings laying in the weeds. Waiting to be unveiled in the future. I don’t have any idea what it is but I like that they are sharing this information and keeping me interested in it. I will update this as they progress.
This site used to be called Postloop, I wrote a review on Postloop and it can be found here Is Postloop A Scam? I like the name change as it clearly reflects what the company does within its name and just makes more sense and easier to understand what they are about. As of November 1st 2016, the switch was made as a spinoff from PostLoop, and officially stuck the fork in Postloop.
That site is dead because it now directs you to ContentGather.com. The difference I see between the two websites is apparent, is that forum posting is no longer available and content in general is more of the focus. As forum interest has declined and content is rising with no end in site.
If you are interested in becoming a writer at ContentGather I really suggest you read their FAQ for writers to get a full understanding of what is expected of you at ContentGather.
Requirements To Write At ContentGather
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- Have strong understanding of the English language.
- Need a PayPal account, only method of payment.
- 100% original content.
Marketplace is where you can see the current available articles written. They have 45 different subject matters in which to peruse, which vary from alphabetically from animals to video games. Next to the general subject matter is a number of current available articles which to purchase.
Clicking on the subject brings you to the specific subject within the general subject, the author, word count, price per word, final price, and staff rating.
Articles can be anywhere from 250 words to a max of 1500 words.
Getting Your Work Approved
Basically, there are three areas that editor are looking for style, value of content, and grammar. Once your article is approved, the editor will give a rating to it. So, what are the editors looking for? Uniqueness, content, style, and grammar. So, the better all of these qualities within your article the higher the rating. Some article that have good content but low ratings can be sent back for revisions, so there is a chance to improve an article rating and also receive a higher pay.
Buyers see this specific staff rating in the Marketplace and determine if it’s worth buying.
These rating are a work in progress and may change in the future.
- Content Rating: the average rating that you have received from all submissions, including those that are rejected or returned for edit. If you submit an article that initially receives a 5 and is returned for edit, and then receives a 7 upon approval, that article will effectively contribute a 5 and a 7 to your average.
- Approval Rating: the percentage of articles that are ultimately approved vs those rejected. This does not take into account articles that are returned for edit. It only compares the final approved or rejected status.
- Account Age Rating: based on the length of time that your account has existed at ContentGather, and you will not receive your first point there until your account reaches 1 month.
- Transactions Complete Rating: tracks the number of Marketplace articles you sell and Custom Jobs you complete.
How Much Money For Writing At ContentGather?
At ContentGather pay is payed per word.
New writers can charge up to .03/word for your articles. So you the writer decide how much you charge based upon your rating. The higher the rating the more you are can charger per word. As your title goes up, you will have the power to increase the you charge per word. The maximum rate is 0.15 per word and the minimum is 0.01 per word. A side note here just because you can ask for 0.15 per word doesn’t mean content buyers are willing to pay that much.
So you are probably wondering how much does ContentGather make off your writing? They take 15% out of the asking price.
The Good & The Bad
- As a content writer you can request payment anytime you want as long as you have a balance of $5.00 or more. As it will be delivered withing 24 hours via PayPal guaranteed. Holy!!! You can cash out everyday if you want to. NICE!!
- Self admitted they are currently a small website, they have a real desire to grow and expand their site bigger. Gotta love ambition and this is a definite good thing.
- Parent company has been around for 8 years in the online products and services.
- Progressive thinking where they strongly focus on the very specific needs of their users base. This is to cover and add value to all potential customers.
- I know Postloop, Ryan Royal was constantly visible on the forums, answering questions and generally helping out AND I am sure he is and will be actively engaged in ContentGather. He is a very thoughtful and cares a lot about his site.
- I like the name change and the redirection of the business.
- For content buyers rest assured every piece of content is reviewed by staff at ContentGather and also has been Copyscape approved. Copyscape is a plagiarism checker and checks if your articles are original. I also hear that Grammarly will be used also.
- Content buyers dictate how they want articles and also when they want it. You also determine the price and there is no fees or packages. Also you only buy how much or how little you want, unlike other similar websites.
- They currently have a promotion for content writers for the first 100 articles a $5.00 bonus for a 500 word article if it is approved by ContentGather.
- There is a Overall Rating for each content writer, that tracks four key areas. They are Content Rating, Approval Rate, Transactions Complete, and Account Age to give you an overall rating. This is helpful to both writers and buyers.
- A leap of faith to transition to a different genre and to refocus its business strategy to something else. I see this as improvement and I applaud this.
- Being a writer doesn’t unqualify you to be a content buyer as well. As if you need specific content, you could write about what you know then have that sell, then purchase content that you specifically want.
- Less focus on grammatical errors, as grammar will still be important to the approval stage it’s not be all end all.
- The owner listens to all concerns and ideas for improvement.
- Once your article is approved, you receive 20% of the asking price without it even being sold.
- No limit on how much you can write here at ContentGather.
- ContentGather has a active referral program in place now, if you would like to support my website and found this post helpful, please join here, ContentGather Join.
Currently does not have an affiliate program, but in the FAQ, there is light in the tunnel as it says stay tuned.
- Currently at the time of writing (11/14/2016), ContentGather is in its restructuring phase and is slowly acquiring content writers. This is only a negative because it’s new and all feature and not fully 100% launched. But the positive of this negative is they are slowly building a foundation of dedicated writers, which is the key component of this business. As it is actually a good sign of smart leadership.
- You get paid when someone buys your article, not when you write it. This is a minor negative as nobody wants badly written articles, this makes good writing the norm.
- At the time of writing this, not many articles available to choose from for content buyers, but it is also a new company.
Tips For Using ContentGather
I highly suggest you write about what you know, as we are each individuals and we each know of unique subject matters, which we can easily write about without researching. This is much faster than having to research a said subject and then write about it.
ContentGather is not looking for perfection in the writing. There are three area of concern that editors are going to be looking for style, value of content and grammar. Do these three things and reap the rewards.
If your writing about a subject you know nothing about, do the proper research, don’t guess. Make it informative and interesting as possible. Write like your talking to a friend.
The longer the article and more words written the more you are paid. Keep this in mind when writing. But avoid padding word count.
If you are a content writer, fill in your profile information. Why? Because it increases the level of trust a content buyer has in you. Trust is always preferred over unknown.
For writers you should be re-reading your articles before submitting them. Looking for grammatical errors as well as spelling errors. This will help ensure getting approved and a higher rating.
I highly recommend using Grammarly. Grammarly finds mistakes in your writing, either spelling or grammar mistakes. They have a free version which is good but they also have a paid version is really good at finding mistakes.
Try to avoid writing in the first person.
Avoid writing fictional stories.
Alternatives Sites Similar To ContentGather
Other similar websites if you like to write and looking to earn money from writing.
- BlogMutt – A great website that is geared towards quality content and very supportive to writers. You can read my full in-depth review here, Is BlogMutt A Scam?
- The Forum Wheel – Another company that pays for writing, check out my review here, Is The Forum Wheel A Scam?
- ForumCoin – Writing to forums, while also getting paid to. Is Forum Coin Legit?
- Wealthy Affiliate – This is creating and writing for yourself by owning and operating your own website. Wealthy Affiliate teaches you everything you need to know. I highly recommend this, you can read my full review here, Wealthy Affiliate Review 2016, Legit Money Maker?
- iWriter – Another site that pays writers to write content, also a place to purchase content for your websites. To find out more read my review, What Is iWriter?
- Chatabout –
- DollarTracks –
- myLot –
Who is CG for?
ContentGather is for anyone who likes to write and get paid for it. It is also for owners of websites looking for material (content) in which to post to their websites. This review is geared mostly to generating money for writers. As I review mostly website that deal with working from the comfort of your own home.
So, if your someone who enjoys writing and wants to make extra income from your home, you should definitely give ContentGather a try.
Tools & Training
Currently I do not see any tools or training that is available at ContentGather.
They provide adequate support for their site. They have a Contact Us Page and also a FAQ page to help with general questions.
My Final Opinion of ContentGather
Although a new website, this company is backed with years of experience of running similar websites. They are freshly building a base of content writers then once that is established, other growth lies on the horizon. This company is intelligently ran and designed with the future in mind. This is a great way for writers to start pulling in income and also a place for website owners to look for content for their sites. This will only get better in time. I can highly recommend ContentGather knowing all I know of this company.
So, if you are a writer and need extra money, feel safe to try ContenGather out.
ContentGather at a Glance…
Owners: Royal Media, LLC
Price: Content writers get paid to write/ prices vary for content buyers to purchase content
Overall Scam Rank: 7.9 out of 10
Hold On, Before You Go…
If you are looking for a 100% legit way to make money, all the while using your talent of writing and by owning your own online business. Wealthy Affiliate provides the best training online along with the most helpful and friendly community online, with all the support to get you building your online business. I recommend you read my #1 Recommended Program and sign up to get started today. There is no better program out there.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below.