Blog Ninja Review
Name: Blog Ninja (formerly know as ShoeMoney)
Owners: Jeremy Schoemaker
Overall Rank: 6.5 out of 10
Blog Ninja – Product Overview
Is Blog Ninja a scam? Did you know Blog Ninja pays you $1.00 for signing up? I initially did a review on Blog Ninja when it was called ShoeMoney, you can read it here Does ShoeMoney Work? Back in May 2016. Since the name change, I thought it was a good time to update their information and do a new review of this name flopper. Since using their system for a longer time frame and since their need to change their name (btw it baffles me) with product recognition being so important, I have more insights into this system to share, to help you see if it worth your time or if there is a better system out there for you. Stay tuned to the end…
The company is owned by Jeremy Schoemaker, who is a well-known web entrepreneur and also an active public speaker. He created multiple companies like NextPimp, Par Program, ShoeMoney Media and Auction Ads.
From ShoeMoney to Blog Ninja? Is he trying to sell his business, like he has sold his past businesses multiple times before? Thereby, taking his last name out of the company to make it more marketable to potential buyers. As the great bluesman Robert Cray sings, “Sometimes, Sometimes I wonder.” Well, this is just my opinion, and there is nothing wrong with this, but it makes me question the actions. It could possibly be sold to less scrupulous people.
What Is Blog Ninja?
Well, let get into it, for those that don’t know what ShoeM…, oh wait, Blog Ninja is and about. Blog Ninja is a training program to help you get up and running a website, which you could be potentially earning money through affiliate marketing and internet marketing. Jeremy teaches you how to setup your blog, create content and most importantly how to make money from it. He and a host of other people, guide you through videos and lessons, with a step-by-step teaching process. You work at your own pace, but too slow and you will get emails about being kicked out. Which in this world of people being extremely busy, unnecessary and uncaring.
Their ranking system is designed after the karate belt system starting at white belt progressing to black belt and beyond. White is the beginner, and black is the master. The beyond part is the “Ninja Belt levels,” of which there are five Ninja belts. I can’t wait to get my first ninja belt so I can run out and tell my friends. Just kidding. This makes me cringe.
General Overview Of What Is Taught
So, what are some of the broad range of topics you will be learning? Let me show you a general overview.
- Web Hosting
- Website Setup
- Beautify Your Site
- Social accessibility
- Social Media
- Monetizing Your Site
- Social Media Promoting Google Analytics
- YouTube Strategies
- Pinterest Strategies
The Good & The Bad
- It’s Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- One of the recent changes along with the name change is no longer having to go through his hosting company, which by the way is Bluehost. Before, even if you had a website, already you had to go his hosting company. I think this turned away a lot of people and I think Jeremy realized this and acted accordingly. This is a good move on his part, instead of the alarming number of people getting their dollar and leaving, that never come back for more training, now may stick around.
- Small lesson gets you progressing painlessly and effortlessly. Great for the rookie.
- Video lessons. A great media to learn from.
- A big name from a real earner, Jeremy Schoemaker.
- The first lesson you get paid, nice. How much? $1.00. I was actually paid from Blog Ninja thru PayPal.
- Great system for total newbies to learn about and understand affiliate marketing. It’s painfully slow for experienced marketers.
- The use of WordPress. WordPress is an amazingly easy to use open source website creation platform. I still remember coding in HTML and the countless hours spent learning HTML.
- No longer having to go through his web hosting service to continue learning past level one. Which btw is BlueHost.
- Sends you a personal telephone number of support staff to help you out if you have any questions.
- Constant threats of being kicked from the program, “in order to allow more students in that are waiting in line“. I laughed at this ploy. They must be beating down the castle door like the giant in Games of Thrones, Battle of the Bastard episode. Keep in mind I did work on this site and completed a task within the same week. This kinda angered me. Marketing ploys.
- The owner’s involvement is limited. This system is created by him to make money, without him getting involved with his students. He records some videos, makes a website, and structures some training tasks, then kicks his heels up and walks away. All the while collecting money. I get no sense he is involved helping his students in the day to day world of affiliate marketing. Which btw is ever evolving and changing. Good luck getting up-to-date information here. Everything feels automated.
- Support tickets, wait…whattttttt? Yeahhhh, try no response to support ticket that is weeks old. Huh. Where out thou, Jeremy? Horrible support either through email or support ticket. Still waiting…
- Advanced users might find it redundant and slow.
- Lots of valuable information pertaining to affiliate marketing are glossed over or not even mention. Like picking a niche, writing effectively, and countless others. Where do you go to find help for just about everything that Blog Ninja misses? Skip to the end or read the Blog Ninja Alternatives.
- You would think I would love their name being I love martial arts all my life, but I hate it and the use of it. I understand he is using what he loves, as he is also a martial arts fan, but his use of it just seems, how to put this…cheesy. How cheesy, as cheesy as aerosol cheese in a can, cheesy. It pays little respect to the real martial artist like Toshitsugu Takamatsu, and Masaaki Hatsumi, actually real ninjas. It is the typical exploitation, of the already mega-exploited genre since the eighties.
- No online forum or community. A real negative.
- Vague instructions. I address this in my other article Does ShoeMoney Work? I felt, left in the dark on lesson 2. That didn’t take long.
- You can share your belt promotion on Facebook. Haha haha, There is a button once you get a different colored belt from just watching a simple video to share this on Facebook. Hey everyone, I just watched a video and now I got a new belt. Really?…yes, it’s that easy. Stupid. Childish. Easy to attain with no real accomplishment of anything.
- If you quit Blog Ninja and come back at a later time, expect to start right back at the beginning, White Belt.
Blog Ninja Tips
If you are stuck at lesson two at where to put the bnshoeverify.html, just download the file from Blog Ninja, then upload the file to your Media tab on WordPress. Once uploaded click on it and copy the URL and paste it to Blog Ninja in the space provided. Jeremy tells you to call your hosting provider instead of a simple explanation of where to put the file.
Tip two would be joining Wealthy Affiliate, instead of Blog Ninja, okay, I spilled the pintos, early. You’ll learn a lot more, get awesome support and the access to the owners and one of the best communities online.
Blog Ninja Alternatives
The number one alternative to Blog Ninja and it eats Blog Ninja for breakfast is Wealthy Affiliate. Blog Ninja doesn’t even come close. With up-to-date training, an active, friendly, helpful community that is unheard of, Owners that are around every day helping people, pretty much instant support, not weeks like Blog Ninja, and let’s not forget the all-important training. It is very comprehensive with new material added hourly, yep hourly. For the money is the best thing going, and I’m not kidding at all. You can sign up here or read my full in-depth review here, Wealthy Affiliate Review 2016, Legit Money Maker?
Who is Blog Ninja For?
Blog Ninja is in my opinion for the complete newbie, to learn about the real basics of ideas and strategies of online marketing. Experienced users will find it slow.
Blog Ninja Tools & Training
Lessons are pretty much all video lessons, either done by the “Grandmaster” himself or Ashley. You can in some videos, check out what is in Jeremy closet, as he films in some room in his house. I can see a stockpile of Keurig coffee, small fridge, one bottle of Cholula Green Pepper hot sauce and bottled water. Why I am mentioning this, I don’t know.
Along with the videos they have numerous free podcast available for download. Don’t even need to be a member to listen to them.
They also have bonus content which is videos of interviews of influential people in the field. A nice bonus. Some examples are Seth Godin interview, Time Ferris interview, yeah it’s spelled that way on the site. I’m sure they meant Tim.
Blog Ninja Support
With the new name change, you get a personal phone number of a support specialist to call when you need help. But the other forms of support are horrible and offer little to no help.
Blog Ninja Price
The best price ever…Free!
My Final Opinion of Blog Ninja
Is Blog Ninja a scam? Nope, but if I seem hard on this system even though they are not a scam, it’s because it is a little cheesy and basic, which I have a hard time taking it seriously. But, I think Blog Ninja would be a great course for the complete noob looking to get his ninja tabi wet into the world of online marketing. But if you are an advanced or even an intermediate, it’s best to get out and use your grapple hook, and climb your way past this rudimentary training dojo and ascend to the real dojo, high on the mountain pass, and that dojo’s name is Wealthy Affiliate.
Even though Blog Ninja is free, expect to get for what you pay for.
Wealthy Affiliate has two membership options, a free and a premium membership. Both are great, but the premium is the whole enchilada, or should I more appropriately say the whole sushi roll. You can read my full review here to find out more information, Wealthy Affiliate Review. But trust me when I say what you’ll learn at Wealthy Affiliate is more wide in scope, more detailed, more in-depth training. Training is added every day here, it is never-ending, and that’s a good thing a really good thing.
The community is what sold me on Wealthy Affiliate, and I haven’t regretted it since. They are helpful, knowledgeable, nice and helpful in keeping you motivated. Don’t underestimate these factors as they all will help with your success. So, if you want a better platform for learning, I would suggest you sign up at Wealthy Affiliate instead of Blog Ninja. I can say this because I am a member of both platforms. At the very least you can take an honest look at both platforms and decide for yourself.
To join Blog Ninja.
To join Wealthy Affiliate free membership to take it for a spin with no obligations Wealthy Affiliate Free Membership.
To join Wealthy Affiliate Premium membership.
Blog Ninja at a Glance…
Name: Blog Ninja
Owners: Jeremy Schoemaker
Overall Scam Rank: 6.5 out of 100
Hold On, Before You Go…
If you are looking for a 100% legit way to make money, by owning your own online business. It provides the best training online (Way better than Blog Ninja btw) along with the most helpful and friendly community online(there is no community at Blog Ninja), with all the support to get you building your online business. I recommend you read my #1 Recommended Program and sign up to get started today.
If you have any questions or comments please leave them below and I will try to answer them. Thanks.